Welcome to SmallKitchenBIGTASTE.com — your source for healthy, easy, plant-based foods that are home-made and delicious!
Do you feel insecure in the kitchen? Maybe you’re looking to fine-tune your kitchen mojo? With cook-along recipe videos, and professional tricks of the trade, you’ll find simple ideas that will encourage your kitchen confidence!
Special diet? Diabetic? Gluten-free? Sugar-free? Vegan? Vegetarian? Or maybe just looking for the occasional non-meat dish? My goal is to make SmallKitchenBIGTASTE.com a valuable resource healthy, tasty food that comes together quickly in your kitchen (and doesn’t feel like rabbit food.)
Along the way, I hope you will consider this site your virtual kitchen table. I’ve taken all advertisements off SmallKitchenBIGTASTE.com so you can relax and enjoy browsing the recipes . So settle in, grab a beverage and enjoy the conversation. Ask a question, suggest a recipe, or just post a comment. Inquire about cooking lessons or a catered event. I’m here to encourage your discoveries, and to help you enjoy making fabulous, nutritious food.
…and thus begins our culinary quest for delicious, healthy, creative food! Count on new recipes every week. Set your bookmark and visit us often.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of the www.smallkitchenBIGTASTE.com Recipe and Cookbook pages.
- Demo videos are at the top of the recipe. If you are a new cook, you can see how the recipe comes together. As an experienced cook, there are professional secrets and tricks to make your cooking time more fun and more streamlined.
- The “Add to Collection” button will gather recipes you like into your own personal collection. When you click the “Go to collection” button, you will be taken to a second screen where you can edit and adjust all your collections.
- Recipe Collections also allow you to generate a unified shopping list for a group of recipes
- Equipment and ingredient links take you directly to that item in our Amazon affiliate store.
- The US Customary/Metric toggle is especially helpful if you live overseas, or you prefer to cook with a gram scale.
- Serving multiplier will increase the size of the recipe with one click. NOTE: If you click on the underlined number next “servings” a slider will appear. Here you can adjust for 1 to 20 servings. Cool, huh?
About Chef Leander
What can I say, I’m a food and kitchen geek. I love to teach people how to be comfortable in the kitchen. Helping people make amazing, healthy food is the goal. My goal is to help people become kitchen champions, even if their kitchen is too small to do a bicycle kick! My recipes and videos model simple cooking skills that make nutritious, delicious, plant-based foods in less time that it takes to get take-out.
Chef Leander has been featured at:
- 2008 Oregon State Fair — The 5-Minute Gourmet
- Silver Falls Creamery — Artisan Cheese Demonstrations
- Orchard Heights Winery — Brunch Buffet and Event Chef
- Private dinner parties and retreats
- Family celebrations
- Cooking lessons in your kitchen
- “Girls Night Out” group live cooking events
- Entertainer / Speaker for your event