This is a basic, hand-whipped salad dressing. Super simple to make. You can do this. If you want to make dressing for a crowd, I also show you how to make this dressing in your blender. The taste can’t be beat, and you’ll be proud of what you created.
Lemon Salad Dressing
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP agave
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- ¼ c avocado oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Traditional Method: Put your mixing bowl on a damp paper or cloth towel (to keep it from sliding away).
- Put everything except the oil in the mixing bowl and whisk lightly to disperse the mustard and agave.
- Put the avocado oil in a small carafe. Whisk the lemon mixture briskly, and add the oil in a small stream. This will allow the oil and the acid (lemon juice) to bond so they won't separate on the salad.
- Pour the dressing into the carafe and place on the table with the salad.
- Blender Method: Put the lemon, agave, and mustard in the blender. Blend quickly for 5 seconds. Drizzle the avocado oil in the top opening slowly. Pour the finished dressing into a carafe for serving.
AND…..watch here during the summer. When the Meyer Lemons come in, I’ll do a video on how to create fermented lemons. They are sweet, tart, and full of health benefits. Join our email list for our weekly posts and you won’t miss it.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.