A one-of-a-kind salad! I tasted something like this in the Trailblazers executive dining room in 1995. Anytime watermelon is in season, this is my go-to salad—and only four simple ingredients! It’s a 3-point shot for sure. Nothing but net! And the CROWD GOES WILD!!
4th of July Watermelon Salad: Unique, Tasty, Vegan (Dairy Free)
- 3 lbs watermelon, 1" cubes
- 1 lb jicama, 1/2" cubes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 TBSP Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning (optional) (garnish)
- Into a large serving bowl: Cube the watermelon and the jicama in approximately equal size cubes. Chop the cilantro. Put about 1/2 the chopped cilantro into the salad. Save the rest in a paper towel for another use. Add the lime juice to the bowl. Toss gently.
- NOTE: Be conservative with the cilantro. The cilantro flavor will "bloom" as it sets overnight in the refrigerator. You can always add more the next day (but it's hard to take it out one little fleck at a time!!!)
- Optional garnish: If you're daring, add a small sprinkle of Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning after it is on the plate. If you are familiar with the hispanic Tajin, it's quite similar.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.