There is no reason to buy salsa ranch dressing in the store. Chef Leander’s Fresh Salsa Ranch Dressing is easy to make, easy on the budget, and you can really taste the difference.
Chef Leander's Fresh Salsa Ranch Dressing (Vegan)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic ((use only 1 clove if raw))
- 1 ½ cup vegan mayonaise (such as Vegenaise)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar (approximate, see instructions)
- 1 TBSP dried dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp pepper (15 grinds)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp smoked salt ( (if using, omit smoked paprika and salt))
- 2 TBSP sugar-free salsa
- In a medium mixing bowl: use a spoon to paste the roasted garlic against the side of the bowl.
- Add the vegan mayonaise, lemon juice and vinegar, and all the herbs and spices to the bowl. DO NOT ADD THE MILK just yet.
- Whisk to combine being sure to incorporate the pasted garlic. Adjust the thickness by adding the salsa 1 TBSP at a time, until you find the texture you prefer. Usually 2-4 TBSP works well for me.
- Transfer to a pint jar and refrigerate. Make this early in the day, or even the day before, for the flavors to develop fully.
- Serving Suggestions: This is a now-classic salad dressing, and is also great as a dip on a veggie platter, or for use on oven roasted potatoes.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.