August! Warm weather! Abundant harvest! I created this recipe specifically for late summer, and it works all year round (with store bought veggies). Start with quinoa, chopped veggies, beans, and corn in a bowl. Give it a quick stir, pour on some fresh mango-lime dressing and garnish with avocado, cilantro, and sliced green onion!
Must Go! Quinoa Salad Recipe—Vegan, Fast, Easy, Inexpensive
- 1 TBSP avocado oil, optional
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
Chili Mango Lime Dressing
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 TBSP dry mustard
- 1 red mango, cubed
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can black beans
- 6 oz frozen corn
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ea bok choy, chiffonade
- 1 ea cucumber, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 bunch green onion, sliced thin, divided for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine, divided for garnish
- 2 ea ripe avocado, diced
- reserved green onion
- reserved chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Optional first step: To give your quinoa a "nutty" flavor: In a saucepan, heat the avocado oil. Toast the quinoa in the hot oil until it becomes fragrant.
- Cook the quinoa: Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in the saucepan. When the water is boiling, reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pan, and set the timer for 20 minutes. Don't peek! If you like, you can cook the quinoa up to 2 days in advance and keep it in the 'fridge.
- Make the Chili Mango Lime Dressing: Put all the ingredients in a blender and process at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Make the Salad: In a large bowl, stir together all the salad ingredients. Stir to combine the ingredients, and then add the quinoa and stir until incorporated. Add green onion and chopped cilantro to taste (reserving the rest for garnish) and stir until combined.
- To serve: Serve the salad on a plate. Pour dressing on the salad. Top with a few slices of avocado. Garnish with sliced green onion, chopped cilantro, and slivered almonds.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.