We hosted a potluck at our home several years back. A middle eastern friend brought this dish and it was a real hit. It’s so simple to make and it adds a terrific taste of summer to any buffet table.
Greek Zucchini and Squash Stir Fry
- 1 TBSP 'cado oil (avocado oil)
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bunch mint, chiffonade
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet. Add 'cado oil and sauté the sliced onion until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to weep. Continue cooking until the mushrooms dry out and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, squash and zucchini and saute until the garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the water, cover the skillet, and let the zucchini and squash steam until tender. Remove the cover and allow the excess water to steam off.
- When ready to serve, add the chopped mint and give it a 30-second stir. Put on the serving plates immediately.
- Garnish with lemon zest and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt, to taste.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.