Photographers have spent decades making butter melting on food a mouth-watering icon. This herb and butter mixture not only looks great, but it provides multiple layers of flavor to finish off your culinary creation!
Classic Lemon Thyme Compound Butter (Vegan)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lb vegan butter ((such as Earth Balance))
- In a food processor, mixer, or spatula and medium bowl: strip the leaves off the thyme stalks, add the lemon zest, and mix the butter in until the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Invert a ziplock bag over a 4 oz (120 ml) ramekin. Press the center of the bag down so the bag forms a liner for the ramekin. Fill the ramekin with the butter mixture.
- Close the ziplock bag, squeezing out as much of the air as possible.
- Leaving the butter in the ramekin, place it in the freezer for 12 hours, until the butter is frozen. Remove the ramekin. Store the now frozen butter in the freezer.
- To use, remove the butter from the freezer. Unwrap the butter and replace it in the original ramekin to thaw. When thawed you may want to smooth the top or garnish with a small thyme sprig.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.