This is the recipe that inspired the name, SmallKitchenBIGTASTE! You won’t believe the depth of flavor from four simple ingredients. If you can get fresh, seasonal, asparagus and mushrooms from your farmer’s market, that’s even better!!
Four-Ingredient Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- 10 fresh mushrooms, crimini or whatever is in season
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches kosher salt to taste
- Prep all the ingredients.
- Heat a medium skillet and add 1 TBSP water or olive oil. Sauté the onion until translucent and the onion begins to caramelize (turn toasty brown).
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Then add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms release their juices. Boil off the juices and allow the mushrooms to also brown a bit, sealing in their flavors.
- Finally, add the chopped asparagus.
- Serve with a drizzle of soy sauce.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.