Using berries (frozen or seasonal) makes this a delicious, nutritious, and low calorie way to start your morning. Load these ingredients into your Instant Pot and your breakfast will be ready when you get out of bed tomorrow. Treat yourself to this decadent breakfast!
Instant Pot Berries and “Cream” Oatmeal
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- ½ TBSP vanilla
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup frozen berries
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
Optional Healthy Additions
- 2 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 TBSP hemp hearts
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP chopped pecans, or walnuts
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- In the Instant Pot: Put the wire rack on the bottom and pour in 1 cup water.
- In a four cup pyrex measuring cup (or any other heat proof glass bowl), add the water, steel-cut oats, vanilla, and frozen fruit. Give a light stir.
- Place the pyrex cup in the Instant Pot. Seal the lid, close the steam valve, and press the Porridge setting (adjust the time to 25 minutes if needed.)
- Now for the magic!! Set the delay start time. Walk away. Brush your teeth, grab your favorite blankie, cuddle up with a book and maybe a nice soothing ginger-turmeric latte. Get a great night's sleep!
- When you wake up tomorrow morning your breakfast will be waiting for you, even before you've brewed your morning tea or joe.
- Divide the oatmeal into two bowls. Garnish with one or all of the toppings. Put on a tray and gently wake your partner with breakfast in bed. If they want to assume you got up hours ago to make breakfast in bed, there is no requirement you correct them. Just say, "You're welcome!" and smile.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.