Cheese is one of the vegan world’s most elusive foods. While not a “cheese” per se, Kassia Fiedor has done an incredible job of creating a taste profile that is savory, a texture that is silky, and a condiment that as versatile as it is delicious.
World’s Best Cashew Queso Cheese Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews (for a for a smoother texture, soak them for an hour or more, drain.)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 red bell pepper, large, roasted, blackened, peeled
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅕ tsp chile cobanero or cayenne
- 1 tsp TJ's Chili Lime Seasoning
To blacken the pepper
- Preheat oven to 500℉ or 260℃. You want it blazing hot!I usually roast 2 to 4 peppers at a time. Super easy to do! Then I have them on hand for all kinds of cooking.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Space the peppers (whole) on the paper. Roast for 15 minutes in the middle of the over. Check to see that they have started to blacken.If they have begun to blacken, turn them over and continue baking for another 15 minutes. You want them to have large patches of black skin, but they don't need to be completely black. Watch them carefully.
- Cover with foil for at least 10 minutes to steam the cooked peppers. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the blackened peel, the stem and the seeds.
- Use immediately. Store unused peppers in a Souper Cube or freeze them individually in an ice cube tray.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.