Potatoes, carrots, asparagus…you get the idea. Fill the tray with whatever is available and have a delicious feast–and the balsamic dressing helps pull it all together.
Herb Roasted Root Vegetables with Balsamic Dressing
Vegetables to prepare
- 3 beets
- 10 brussel sprouts
- 10 cloves garlic (whole)
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 carrots (large)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 purple potato
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 1 new potato (aka "red" potato)
- 1 10 oz pkg cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb asparagus
Vegetable roasting sauce
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 inch fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Clean beets and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Place on large sil pat and drizzle lightly with avocado oil. Place in oven to roast for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, prepare the the rest of the vegetables. Remove the stems from the brussels sprouts and cut in half vertically. Add 10 peeled whole cloves of garlic. Large chop the yellow onion. Wash the potatoes and cut into similar sized cubes. Wash the carrots and cut into similar sized pieces. Stir the veggies in the bowl to mix them up.
- Put the oil, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, and salt into a blender. Blend on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour over the veggies and give it a good stir.
- Prepare the asparagus. Clean 12 stalks and cut it into 1" pieces.
- Place the beets in the oven to roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the veggies to the pan with the beets. Distribute to an even single layer. Return to the oven and bake 25 minutes more.
- Add the asparagus and the whole cherry tomatoes on top of the roasted veggies. Slide back in the oven and bake another 15 minutes.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.