This is a great twist on the traditional sour cream. It is vegan, non-dairy, and has a wonderful affinity for asian and southwestern dishes.
Cilantro-Lime Vegan Sour Cream
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked at least one hour, rinsed well, drained)
- ¼ cup lime (divided, juice and zest)
- 1 clove garlic (medium)
- ¼ tsp salt (kosher)
- 2 TBSP cilantro (packed)
- 3 TBSP water
- Put the cashews in a small high-speed blender. Add the lime zest and juice. If needed, add water to the lime juice to equal ¼ cup (60 ml).
- Add the garlic, salt, cilantro, lime zest the blender. Add 3 TBSP water.
- Process until the mixture is smooth. If you prefer a thinner cream, add water 1 tsp at a time.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.