This is a great twist on the traditional sour cream. It is vegan, non-dairy, and has a wonderful affinity for asian and southwestern dishes.
Cashew-Cilantro Vegan Sour Cream
- Food Processor preferred, or blender
- ½ cup raw cashews (56 g)
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lime juice (add water if needed)
- 2 TBSP water
- ⅛ cup cilantro leaves (packed)
- Begin by zesting one lime. Set aside.
- Put the cashews, garlic and salt in the blender.
- Juice the lime. Add enough water to equal ¼ cup liquid. Add this to the blender bowl. Add 2 TBSP cold water and the cilantro leaves.
- Blend at low speed for 15 seconds. Increase the speed to high and blend 45 seconds more.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.