Two weeks ago, Patricia wrote in to ask what she could make for dinner out of extra potatoes and some lemons. And voila! A new recipe was born! It’s got lots of great vegetables, and a super easy pan sauce. One skillet, 25 minutes, and dinner is on the table.
Mouth-Watering Lemon Potato Stir Fry
- 1 TBSP avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced fine
- ½ cup carrot, diced fine
- ½ cup celery, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (½ inch dice (15 mm), about 4 potatoes)
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1¼ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup spinach, chiffonade
- ½ cup baby bok choy (chiffonade)
- ½ cup radicchio (sliced thinly)
- 2 ea lemons, zest and juice (divided)
Add slurry to thicken
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
Plate, Season and Garnish
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- tamari (sub soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 2 TBSP parsley (minced)
- garam masala (sprinkle on top, to taste)
- lemon zest curls (sprinkle on top)
- Zest the lemons, and set the zest aside. Juice the lemons as set aside. You will use these later in the recipe.
- Heat a large deep skillet over high heat. Add avocado oil, and then sauté the onion, carrot and celery until they are caramelized. About 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt and pepper, and sauté until the potatoes begin to brown slightly. Add the stock and let the potatoes steam until they are almost cooked through. About 8 minutes total.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and mix until it is smooth. This is your "slurry".
- Add the spinach, bok choy, and radicchio and stir it in, letting it wilt slightly.
- Stir in the lemon juice then add the slurry. Stir to combine. Continue cooking on high heat until the cornstarch taste has cooked out and the sauce is smooth and silky. Add the red pepper and warm slightly. (If you cook them too long they will loose both their flavor and their crunch.)
- Plate the dinner. Add a side of beets or broccoli. Then garnish with (in order:) a drizzle of tamari, parsley confetti, and garam masala (to taste). Top with lemon zest curls. Serve hot.
- FOR A DIFFERENT PRESENTATION: do not add the spinach, bok choy, and radicchio to the starry. Instead, toss the three greens together. Put the greens in the middle of the plate, like a salad. Spoon the stir fry over the "salad" and garnish as indicated.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.