The BEST Sangria recipe for the family (non-alcoholic). Using hibiscus tea, this recipe adapts to any fresh fruit in your market. Make extra, it won’t last long!
Fantastic Hibiscus Faux “Sangria”
- 25 dried cherries (Montmorency cherries work well here)
- 1 TBSP agave (optional)
- ¼ cup dried hibiscus flower tea (see notes)
- 8 cups water (boiling)
- 1 lime (sliced thinly)
- 2 ripe peaches (free-stone if available, sliced thinly--if peaches are out of season, use sliced oranges instead)
- Place the dried cherries and the agave in a 2 quart / 2 liter mason jar.
- Put the hibiscus tea in a tea ball or infuser and add to the mason jar.
- Add the hot water to the jar (be sure to immerse all of the tea leaves) and allow to steep for 1 hour or more.
- When the tea is cool enough to touch, remove the tea ball. Add one fresh peach, thinly sliced. Add the juice of one fresh lime. Cover with a "pour spout" mason jar cover. Chill in the refrigerator. (See NOTES)
- TO SERVE: Fill 16 oz (1/2 liter) glasses with ice. Top with fresh peach slices. Fill the glass with equal parts of tea and cold water. Garnish with a thin slice of fresh lime.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.