Almondine is a French culinary term that means “prepared or served with almonds.” Get your greens and your protein in one fell swoop!
- glass cereal bowl microwave safe with oversize lid
- ¼ cup almonds (sliced)
- ¼ cup butter (vegan, ½ stick)
- 100 g broccoli floretes
Prepare almonds and butter
- Lightly toast the almonds in a small stainless skillet until they are slightly browned and fragrant. Put the toasted almonds in a small microwavable storage dish. Add butter, cut in to 4 pieces. Cover and store in the refrigerator until needed.
Cook the broccoli
- Place the broccoli and ¼ cup water in a microwave safe cereal bowl. Cover with a mis-matched lid to allow steam to easily escape. See Notes.
- Cook the broccoli for 60 seconds. Drain the excess water off. The butter should be melted by now.
- To serve family style, pour the melted butter on the broccoli, top with the almonds and serve immediately. For individual servings, divide the broccoli onto individual plates. Divide the almonds over the broccoli and drizzle with the butter.
- Serve immediately.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.