Quinoa is an edible seed that has become increasingly popular. It’s loaded with many important nutrients, including fiber and protein. This dish can function as a side or a main!
Lemon Thyme Quinoa
- 1.75 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lemon, zest and juice (divided)
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala (* see notes)
- 2 TBSP sliced almonds
- Bring water to boil in a covered saucepan. When the water is hot, stir in the salt and quinoa. Continue heating until the water comes back to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the quinoa for 20 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- While the quinoa is cooking, zest the lemon and then juice the lemon.
- When the is fully cooked, add the lemon zest, the fresh thyme leaves, the garam masala, and the sliced almonds. Also add 1/2 the lemon juice.
- Stir well and taste for flavor. Add more lemon juice or salt to taste as needed.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.