Picture succulent Lacinato Kale tossed with tiny, tender cubes of roasted sweet potatoes, the crunch of Oregon hazelnuts, and the burst of sweet-tart pomegranate seeds—all bathed in Chef Leander’s Signature Creamy Balsamic Dressing. Voila! A symphony of colorful, plant-based delights to grace your feast with savory comfort and holiday joy
Chef Leander's Signature Creamy Balsamic Dressing (Vegan)
- 25 g shallot, peeled (1/3 to 1/2 of a medium shallot, minced finely)
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP Greek yogurt (See NOTES below)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Blender Method (recommended for larger quantities)
- Remove the outer skin from the shallot. Rough chop the shallot and put it in the blender container.
- Add the vinegar, lemon yogurt*, agave syrup and olive oil to the blender.
- Blend on low speed for 15 seconds, then increase to high speed for an additional 45 seconds.
- Pour into a storage bottle or serving container and keep in the refrigerator.
Salad Bowl Method (by hand)
- Moisten a kitchen towel and spread it out on the counter. Put your large salad bowl on the towel. This will keep your bowl from "skating" around the counter as you whisk your dressing.and put on the counter.
- Peel the shallot and mince it finely. Add to the mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, yogurt*, and agave syrup. Give it a good whisk.
- To mix this dressing, add a small trickle of the olive oil. Whisk until the mixture starts to cloud up a bit. Continue whisking while trickling in the remainder of the oil. As you continue to whisk, the oil and vinegar will thicken up.
- Add your salad ingredients to the bowl, tossing to distribute the dressing on the salad.
- Add garnish and serve.
- Chef Leander prefers plain Greek yogurt. Alternatives are Vegenaise or lemon Greek yogurt.
- Consider doubling the recipe. This is a very versatile recipe and will keep two weeks in the refrigerator.
- SHOPPING LIST BELOW!
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.