An instant meal couldn’t be any easier. I learned this recipe from the “sample’s desk” at my Trader Joe’s. Funny thing is, I can’t find any employees who have heard of this recipe. I ask at every store. So I’m spreading this around. It’s a favorite, especially for a cool, summer salad meal.
Lentil Veggie Salad — Dinner 911
- 1 pkg Trader Joe's cooked lentils
- 1 pkg Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix
- 1 bottle Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl: Gently stir the dressing into the lentils until the lentils separate.
- CHEF'S SECRET: add two tablespoons vinegar to the empty dressing bottle, replace cap, shake vigorously, and add the remaining loosened dressing to the salad.
- Add the cut vegetable mix. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- For leftovers: I like to add a tablespoon of vinegar to the next-day leftovers. It helps freshen the taste.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.