Ready for a Cooking Adventure?!?!
- We have two main dish recipes this week. NOTE: If you want to make both the Fantastic Fiesta Faux Beef Stuffed Peppers AND the Fantastic Fiesta Faux Beef Taco Salad, you’ll need a double recipe of the Faux Beef Filling. You have found the buttons to multiply recipe quantities, right? They are above and to the right of the ingredients!
- Make the stuffed peppers and put them in the oven for dinner tonight.
- Later in the week, grab a few items at the grocery, chop the spinach, and make your salads. Then mark your calendar this week for a free night of no cooking–AND a great meal.
Fantastic Fiesta Faux Beef Filling
Fiesta Faux Beef Filling
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup water
- 1 limes, juiced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped fine, divided
- water for cooking
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 6 oz Boca crumbles (vegan "ground meat")
- 6 oz frozen corn
- 7.5 oz black beans, drained
- 8 oz sugar-free salsa
- ¾ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Cook the quinoa: Bring one cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the quinoa and a pinch of salt and heat until it begins to boil. Turn the heat to simmer, cover the pot and simmer 20 minutes (no peeking) until the water is absorbed. Stir in the lime juice and 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Prepare the Peppers: Cut the peppers in half vertically. Remove the stems, seeds and inside ribs.
- Prepare the Meat Mixture: Warm a Dutch oven (or large skillet) over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, adding water as necessary to keep them from sticking to the pan. Add the Boca crumbles and stir to warm them. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) water and cover to steam the "meat" until the water is evaporated. Add the corn, black beans and salsa. Cook until warmed through. If some of the mixture is cooked to the bottom of the pan, you can lift it with some water and a wooden spoon.
- Turn off the heat. Add the quinoa mixture to the stuffing mix. Add the grated vegan cheddar cheese.
- Your filling is finished and ready to use in any number of recipes. Check the "Notes" section for ideas.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.