SUMMER! STRAWBERRIES! SHORTCAKE! Or peaches, or blueberries, or nectarines, or raspberries. . .you get the idea!
Quick Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 recipe almond flour buiscuits
- 1 pint oat milk, sugar free
- 1 pint dairy-free ice cream
- 1 can Trader Joe's coconut whipped cream
- Slice the strawberries thinly. Sprinkle lightly with coconut sugar. Allow the strawberries to "macerate" for 20-30 minutes. Macerate refers to the process where this small amount of sugar pulls some of the liquid from the strawberries to make a delicious natural syrup for the strawberries.
- Slice room-temperature biscuits horizontally in half. Put prepared strawberries on top of the lower half. Add the second half and put a few strawberries on top. CHEF'S SECRET: for extra visual appeal, lean the top of the biscuit against the lower biscuit and strawberries on a 45 degree angle. Divide the strawberries over the biscuits.Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of sugar-free oat milk or garnish with another topping of your choice.
- Serve immediately.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.