Dinner 911 is back by popular demand. With “Peanut Sauce: Quick and Easy” in the ‘fridge, this is a 10-minute dinner waiting to happen.
Almost Instant Pad Thai -- Dinner 911
Prepare noodles / pasta
- 1 package 8 oz ready-to-eat Yakisoba noodles (or cooked pasta of your choice)
- 1 TBSP 'cado oil
- 6 cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ can water chestnuts
- 1 mini bok choy (cut thinly)
- ⅔ cup Peanut Sauce: Quick and Easy
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly, white and green parts
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 2 grape tomatoes (sliced in ½)
- 2 TBSP peanuts, chopped
- Prepare the noodles: put the ready-to-eat yakisoba noodles in a bowl of very hot water. They are already cook, but you do want to heat them up.
- In a large flat skillet or wok: heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms until they loose most of their moisture and begin to brown.
- Add the remaining vegetable and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are vibrant in color and they have begun to wilt.
- When the vegetables are warm, add the peanut sauce and toss to distribute.
- To serve: drain the noodles and divide between two plates. Top the noodles with the peanut sauce / vegetable mixture.
- Garnish: sprinkle some green onion over the top. Add three sprigs of cilantro to each plate. Add 2 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the dish. Add a slice of lime to the side of the plate.
- A stir fry is a great place to use up left over veggies
- Yakisoba noodles are easy to keep on hand in the ‘fridge. Great for when you’re in a hurry!
- If time is more flexible, you can cook the pasta of your choice.
- For a no-prep meal, use a 10 oz bag of frozen “asian style” veggies. They are delicious, nutritious, and ready to go in the pan.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.