Welcome to 2022! Let’s start the year off right with CHOCOLATE! Good-for-you chocolate. Plant-based yumminess! Yes, miracles do happen.
Decadent Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 1 orange (zest and juice, divided)
- 11 oz ripe avocado (2 medium)
- ⅓ cup date sugar
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 4 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
Make Flax Egg
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax with 2½ TBSP of orange juice. Stir briefly and set aside for 5 minutes.
Marinate the Raspberries
- Put the raspberries in a small dish and add the balsamic vinegar. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them. Be sure to stir them gently on occasion.
Make Chocolate Mousse
- In your food processor work bowl: combine the flax egg, avocado, orange zest, date sugar, cacao powder, vanilla, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Process thoroughly to get a smooth texture.
- Adjust the texture of the mousse. If it is too thick, add a teaspoon or two of orange juice. If it is too runny, add a tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight) to allow the mousse to set up.
- Dish up the mousse in a way that is appropriate to your gathering.
- Garnish with balsamic marinated raspberries if you like.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.