This cashew cream is a personal favorite of mine from Cocina Holistica. Kassia Fiedor created this recipe while working as a personal chef in Guatemala, where hibiscus flowers bloom at every turn. A deep, rich, cashew cream, flavored by the beautiful hibiscus flowers. Thank you again, Kassia, for your culinary creativity!
Cashew Hibiscus Cream
- ½ cup hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 orange, zest and juice, ~1/3 c (80 ml)
- 1 TBSP agave ((or maple syrup))
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- Combine the hibiscus flowers and the boiling water to make a strong tea. Let steep for 10 minutes while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- If needed, add additional water to the orange juice to total 1/3 cup (80 ml).
- Measure out 1/2 cup (120 ml) of strained hibiscus tea into a high-speed blender.
- Pour the orange juice and the hibiscus tea into a high-speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until silky smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.