This cashew cream is a personal favorite of mine from Cocina Holistica. Kassia Fiedor created this recipe while working as a personal chef in Guatemala, where hibiscus flowers bloom at every turn. A deep, rich, cashew cream, flavored by the beautiful hibiscus flowers. Thank you again, Kassia, for your culinary creativity!
Cashew Hibiscus Cream
Don’t let the hibiscus intimidate you. The flowers are often available in the Latin aisle of your supermarket. Or you can purchase hibiscus tea and make it very strong. The rest of the ingredients are likely already in your kitchen. The recipe itself is only 6 ingredients. The flavor is definitely “una fiesta en la boca!” aka a party in the mouth!Thanks to Kassia Emily Fiedor and "Cocina Holistica"!
Share by Email Print Recipe Add to FavoritesGo to Favorites
- ½ cup hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 orange, zest and juice, ~1/3 c (80 ml)
- 1 TBSP agave ((or maple syrup))
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- Combine the hibiscus flowers and the boiling water to make a strong tea. Let steep for 10 minutes while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- If needed, add additional water to the orange juice to total 1/3 cup (80 ml).
- Measure out 1/2 cup (120 ml) of strained hibiscus tea into a high-speed blender.
- Pour the orange juice and the hibiscus tea into a high-speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until silky smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking.
Serving Suggestions: - as a healthy syrup on Lentil Fuss-Free Flatbread - as a dessert sauce over cooked brown rice - as a garnish for Hazelnut Double Chocolate Biscotti, or Amazing Black Bean Brownies - as an accompaniment to Decadent Vegan Chocolate Mousse -and of course, on pancakes, waffles, or French toast. To your health! Thank you Kassia!
Support us at PatreonPatreon.com/chefleander
Cashew Hibiscus Cream
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Don't miss a single recipe ! ! !Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.