One of the most memorable days of my trip to Spain was when I was there to lead a rehearsal of the Gospel Barcelona choir. When I came the subway, I had the most amazing view of La Sagrada Familia. And then we stopped for this amazing hot cocoa and churros as a snack before rehearsal. This hot cocoa always brings back those memories.
Spicy Spanish Hot Cocoa Mix
- pint (½ litre) jar 2 cups
Make the Spanish Hot Cacao Dry Mix
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon (optional)
- 1 TBSP chili powder (optional, to taste for low heat OR)
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper (optional, to taste for cacao that bites back!)
- Combine the cacao powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and chili powder in a 2 cup (500 ml) jar and mix well.
- Store the dry mix in an airtight container.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.