Easy to make, vegan and dairy-free, this cocoa is a touch of Europe. The chili powder and cinnamon give your mug an extra kick of heat.
Madrid-Style Spicy Spanish Hot Cocoa
- 2 beverage mugs 10 oz (300 ml)
Make the Spanish Hot Cacao Dry Mix
- ¼ cup Spanish Hot Cacao Dry Mix
- ¼ cup water, cold
- 1 cup unsweetened plain nut milk (heated)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut whipped cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put the nut milk in a sauce pan and gently warm over low heat. While it is heating...
- Spoon 2 TBSP of the Spanish Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix into each mug.
- Add 2 TBSP of COLD water to each mug. Using a spoon, or a small rubber spatula, press the water and the cacao mixture against the side of the mug until the cacao forms a smooth syrup.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla to each mug (optional).
- Add 8 oz (250ml) of hot milk to each mug and stir well.
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon on top.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.