Try something easy, unusual, and OOOOOOO so tasty for your next brunch. Wholesome, plant-based, and in the style of the classic Eggs Benedict. You can make it vegetarian or vegan by choosing your own cheese.
Vegetarian No-Eggs Benedict
- 2 sourdough English muffins (for a more formal brunch, use crumpets (allow 2 per serving))
- 1 TBSP vegan butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (4 pinches)
- 1.5 oz spinach (chiffonade*, or other nutritious green such as arugula or kale.)
- 1 apples (Jonagolds are inexpensive and taste great)
- 4 oz Cotswold cheese (an English cheddar with onion and chive. Any mild cheddar will work. Substitute vegan cheese if you like. )
- ½ cup coconut cream (or cashew cream)
- 1 oz herb for garnish (dill, alfalfa sprouts, or fennel fronds, chives)
- 2 oranges (sliced)
Prepare the Ingredients
- Toast the English muffins until lightly browned. Allow extra time for crumpets.
- Make the fresh cashew cream.
- While the muffins are toasting, slice the apples horizontally. Remove the core. Melt the butter butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and cook until warm an, lightly browned, and no longer crunchy. Put a pinch of cinnamon on the top side of each apple slice.
- Lay the English muffin halves open face on a serving plate.
- Add a bed of spinach, arugula, or kale chiffonade to each muffin half.
- Top each muffin with an apple slice and a thin slice of the Cotswold cheese.
- Drizzle your cream of choice on top of the open face sandwich.
- Garnish with a few sprouts or fronds of dill, chives, or fennel.
- Decorate the plate with 3-5 orange slices.
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.