It’s summertime! Freshen up your salads! This super-simple salad will make you look like a pro! For a quick and easy meal, add Lemon Salad Dressing and some Fuss-Free Flatbread. It’s gorgeous on the plate, and great on the palate!
Citrus, Farro & Spinach Salad
Farro (cook ahead, if you like)
- ⅔ c farro
- 1⅓ c water
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 oz spinach, chiffonade (see notes)
- 3 oz snap peas
- ¼ c red onion, diced
- ½ c shredded carrot
- 1 orange, segmented
- 7.5 oz canned cannellini beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained (this is half of a standard 15 oz can)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Lemon Salad Dressing
- In a covered saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add farro and salt, and return to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and set timer for 20 minutes
. Drain and fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- Prepare the salad ingredients. Start by shredding the spinach with a chiffonade.
- Cut the ends off the snap peas and cut them in half or thirds.
- Dice the red onion.
- Measure the shredded carrot.
- Peel and segment the orange!
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Mince the parsley and add the sunflower seeds to your ingredients.
- Assemble the salads: Divide the spinach among the plates. Put a scoop of farro in the middle of the plate and surround the farro with beans. Sprinkle on the minced onion, carrot, and snap peas. Place the orange segments in a wheel or fan on the top for a splash of color and mouthwatering taste. Add fresh Lemon Salad Dressing. Garnish with the parsley and the sunflower seeds.
Related Recipes: Lemon Salad Dressing and Lentil Fuss-Free Flatbread
NOTICE: Small Kitchen BIG TASTE is an Amazon Associate and, as such, we earn from your qualifying purchases. Any item you purchase once you click on an image on our “Store” page supports Small Kitchen BIG TASTE. We appreciate it when you shop in our store and help us continue to put out delicious content.